Experience wellness through our leading vitamin, mineral, and herbal supplements!
QTY - 60 Capsules
5 MTHF ES provides 10,000 mcg of 5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) per serving. 5-MTHF ES is the most biologically active form of the water-soluble B vitamin, folate; and it may be the preferred form for those with variations in digestion, absorption, or folate metabolism. Data suggest that in comparison to synthetic folic acid, 5-MTHF increases plasma folate more effectively. In this formula, 5-MTHF ES is provided as Quatrefolic®the glucosamine salt of 5-MTHF ES. Quatrefolic has demonstrated greater stability, solubility, and bioavailability when compared to calcium salt forms of 5-MTHF ES.*
- Increased absorption
- B vitamin (folate)
- Supports healthy cell growth and function
- Promotes healthy fetus development
Folate is a B vitamin that supports a myriad of processes including healthy cell growth and function, in addition to promoting a healthy fetus development! Experience the best absorption in this Bock Nutritionals formula!
- 60 capsules
- Serving size: two capsules
Good folate status is associated with a healthy mood. 5-MTHF might improve trimonoamine neurotransmitter synthesis and help maintain a sense of calmness and a healthy outlook.4 In non-smoking adults, higher folate levels are indicative of gum tissue strength, and a range of vitamins including folate appear to act in support of oral health mechanisms.*[7,8] Folate intake is especially important for women of child-bearing age. Studies indicate that supplementing during pregnancy supports a healthy outcome. In a 2010 study, researchers concluded that if a woman exhibits certain genetic variations during pregnancy, it will lead to reduced methylation capacity and subsequent DNA hypomethylation.*
Suggested Dosage: Take one to two capsules daily, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
||Amount Per Serving
|Folate (as Quatrafolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)
||10,000 mcg DFE
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, HPMC (capsule), stearic acid, magnesium stearate and silica.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
1. Venn BJ, Green TJ, Moser R, et al. Comparison of the effect of low-dose supplementation with L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate or folic acid on
plasma homocysteine: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Mar;77(3):658-62. [PMID: 12600857]
2. Yakut M, Ustün Y, Kabaçam G, et al. Serum vitamin B12 and folate status in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases. Eur J Intern Med.
2010 Aug;21(4):320-3. [PMID: 20603044]
3. Halsted CH, Villanueva JA, Devlin AM, et al. Folate deficiency, methionine metabolism, and alcoholic liver disease. Alcohol. 2002
Jul;27(3):169-72. [PMID: 12163145]
4. Willems FF, Boers GH, Blom HJ, et al. Pharmacokinetic study on the utilisation of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate and folic acid in patients with
coronary artery disease. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;141(5):825-30. [PMID: 14769778]
5. Reynolds EH. Benefits and risks of folic acid to the nervous system. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002 May;72(5):567-71. [PMID:
6. Stahl, SM. Depression and bipolar disorder. 3rd ed. New York: Cambridge University Press; 2008:175-178.
7. Esaki M, Morita M, Akhter R, et al. Relationship between folic acid intake and gingival health in non-smoking adults in Japan. Oral Dis. 2010
Jan;16(1):96-101. [PMID: 19732352]
8. Thomas DM, Mirowski GW. Nutrition and oral mucosal diseases. Clin Dermatol. 2010 Jul-Aug;28(4):426-31. [PMID: 20620760]
9. Mosley BS, Cleves MA, Siega-Riz AM, et al. Neural tube defects and maternal folate intake among pregnancies conceived after folic acid
fortification in the United States. Am J Epidemiol. 2009 Jan 1;169(1):9-17. [PMID: 18953063]
10. James SJ, Melnyk S, Jernigan S, et al. A functional polymorphism in the reduced folate carrier gene and DNA hypomethylation in mothers
of children with autism. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010 Sep;153B(6):1209-20. [PMID: 20468076]